Home Expected results
The following main results are expected to achieve:
- Restored at least 3 hectares of Sphagnum acid bogs.
- Restored 100 hectares of habitat 9120 Atlantic acidophilous beech forests with Ilex and sometimes also Taxus in the shrublayer and improved another 100 hectares
- Creation of 3 new kilometers (approximately 2 hectares, including about 7 meters deep intervention) 91E0 * Alluvial forests with Alnus glutinosa and Fraxinus excelsior (Alno-padion, Alnion incanae, Salicion albae) in LIC Montaña Oriental and LIC Río Miera.
- Creation of 2 new kilometers (approximately 1.5 hectares, including about 7 meters deep intervention) in 92A0 Salix alba and Populus alba galleries
- Cleaned of waste disposal and elimination of alien species in some 60 hectares of riparian forest
- Removed Baccharis halimifolia and Cortadeira selloana invasion in at least 4 hectares of halophilic estuarine habitats.
- Restored 6 hectares of dune ecosystem.
- Restored 10 hectares of coastal heathland
- The river Miera is permeable to the annual migration of salmon to natural spawning areas.
- Identified and mapped at 1:5,000 scale all Woodwardia radicans populations in the action area, protected the best areas and created at least 3 new subpopulations.
- Long term Land Stewardship agreements with San Roque de Riomiera, Vega de Pas y Espinosa de los Monteros councils in LICs Montes de Valnera y Montaña Oriental.
- Known demographic levels of Coenagrion mercuriale and Lucanus cervus in the 3 LICs of action and existence of a Reserve for each species.
- The natural values of the basin of Miera and executed project are known to provincial and regional level for most of the population and at national level in specialized sectors in conservation and management of the natural environment; transmitted the idea of basin management as a unit of biodiversity.