Home Mediterranean temporary ponds
Mediterranean temporary ponds
This habitat has been restored in six points inside the Reserve by means of excavation and eradication of invasive plants. As a result, it has been achieved:
- Increase in the usable area for the black stork in all ponds where actions have been developed.
- Increase in the area available for macrophyte in all the banks of ponds.
- Exponential increase in amphibian populations in all ponds inside the Reserve.
- Increase in the presence and abundance of invertebrate species.
- Increase in the observations of carnivorous mammals, benefitted from this abundance of biomass.
- Improved water quality, with a recovery and stabilization of all measured parameters, facilitating the development of life and greater biodiversity.